Imperial College LONDON
The South Kensington campus is surrounded by many hotels and student residences that suit a wide range of tastes and budgets. You are advised to book early, as the South Kensington area is particularly popular with tourists during the summer months.
To book a room you should contact Imperial’s accommodation office either by telephone or email:
Tel: 020 7594 9533/9489 [+44 20 7594 9533/9489 outside the UK]
quoting “MASCOTS 2009”.
We have reserved a number of rooms at special MASCOTS rates in the following local hotels:
· Best Western John Howard (£85 per night, 2-minute walk)
· Rydges Kensington Plaza (£93 per night, 5-minute walk)
· Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt (£107 single/£123 twin per night, 5-minute walk)
Rooms will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. For instructions on how to get to these hotels please see the ‘Getting There’ page.
Other nearby hotels that can be booked through the accommodation office at College rates include:
· The Gore Hotel (1 minute)
· Abba Queen’s Gate Hotel (1 minute)
· The Fifty Four Boutique Hotel (2 minutes)
· The Grange Strathmore (5 minutes)
· The Regency Hotel (5 minutes)
· The Rembrandt Hotel (5 minutes)
· Jury's Kensington Hotel (5 minutes)
· The Holiday Inn Kensington Forum (15 minutes)
· Cranley Gardens Hotel (15 minutes)
More information on these hotels can be obtained from the accommodation office.
(Please note that rooms in Beit Hall do not have televisions.)
Beit Hall (£58 per night for en-suite; £45 per night for standard single) is an up-market student accommodation hall and represents a good compromise between cost and comfort. It is a one-minute walk from the conference venue.