Imperial College LONDON
Submission of initial papers to Easychair is closed. You will find information here on how to format, test and submit your final CRC version of your MASCOTS paper.
MASCOTS CRC Paper Formatting
Maximum Paper lengths
Extended papers: 10 pages (+ 2 optional purchased pages)
Regular papers: 10 pages
Poster papers: 3 pages (+ 1 optional purchased page)
Additional pages can be purchased at $100 per page, to be paid with the registration fee for the conference.
All papers must have no page numbers and be formatted on A4 paper. All submitted pdf files must be Type 1.4 and have all fonts embedded (see below). Please include a README file to tell us how to rebuild a pdf for your paper.
In a change to the previously stated requirement, all papers must follow the IEEE conference template.
LaTeX authors must use the IEEEtran class file:
Simple LaTeX font embedding instructions
We require the final pdf to embed all fonts including the standard Type 1 set. It is possible to do this straightforwardly. Either:
· Use pdflatex to build your pdf file from scratch. Be aware that pdflatex does not cope with eps/ps figures easily and occasionally does not reproduce colour figures/text in a document
· Or, if using latex, then the following will take a final paper.dvi file to a fully embedded paper.pdf file:
dvips -Ppdf -G0 paper.dvi -o paper.ps
ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/printer -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4
-dSubsetFonts=true -dEmbedAllFonts=true paper.ps paper.pdf
This will embed ALL the fonts – even the Type 1 – Base 14 set:
· Times (regular, bold, italic, bold italic)
· Helvetica (regular, bold, italic, bold italic)
· Courier (regular, bold, italic, bold italic)
· Symbol Zapf Dingbats
Without the -dPDFSETTINGS=/printer setting the Base 14 set of fonts do not get embedded (which the IEEE PDF eXpress tool insists on).
You can check the embedded status of the font-set using document properties in acrobat or evince and with the command:
CRC submission and Copyright form
Please send complete source, built pdf and copyright form in zip/tar.gz including all figures and styles to:
PDF eXpress, Copyright and CRC submission