Imperial College LONDON


Visa Information


The information compiled below is taken from UK Border Agency websites and should not be taken as advice from the MASCOTS organisers. For definitive answers to questions about visas, please visit the websites pointed at below and/or your local British embassy, consulate or High Commission.


For an academic conference a "general visitors" visa should be sufficient, provided you do not work in the UK for money or charge the pubic for services.  Please check the following for full details:


For this you need:


The following lists all nationalities for which a visa is required:


To find an embassy/consulate/High Commission:


The main Visa agency website is:


General Information about travelling to the UK can be found here:



Invitation Letters


In some situations you may be required to supply an invitation letter, or similar, as part of your visa application.  We will be happy to provide an official letter confirming the acceptance of your paper at MASCOTS, together with details of the conference venue and dates.  If you need such a letter please email us: